About the business and the role
Our client is a specialist engineering consultancy in the Waikato. And, in case you haven't noticed, business is booming here! Specifically in the civil/ structural/ and geotech space. Also, of course, on the architecture side.
The business is growing, and our client is keen to embrace new technologies and ways of working.
Essentially, we are looking for a Senior Architectural Technician with CAD/ BIM Management capabilities (Revit/ BIM360), who can move into and out of specific disciplines "under the cloud" and can design, implement and manage standards, systems development, QA and over arching project documentation "above the cloud", linking the two.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Below the cloud (Senior Architectural Technician/ Revit specialism):
- Interpreting plans/ regulations and codes of practice
- Research preparation and design development
- Design and documentation (Revit), assisting with co-ordinating draughting team, other engineers/ architects in order to produce the most suitable design
- Building consent applications
- Dealing directly with clients and contractors and solving issues independently where required
- Training of new and existing staff to use Revit as per company policy
- Setting up and updating/ maintaining current office Templates etc
Above the cloud (CAD/ BIM Management/ related):
- Implementing BIM standards across projects
- Providing input into company-wide BIM systems development and implementations/ and internal consultancy
- QA (Quality Assurance) checks on designs/ documentation prepared to BIM standards to meet internal and external/ client expectations
- Designing and Implementing project documentation plans and any project BIM management or execution plans
- Participating in day-to-day modelling tasks
- Collaboration with other key stakeholders via BIM
Skills and experience
- NZDAT/ equivalent
- Revit, essential, ideally advanced
- Ideally BIM360
- NZ residency or valid work visa
- 10+ year's experience in a similar/ related role
Should you not here back from us in 3 weeks of application, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.