UNIT GROUP 3122 CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS
CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
312212 CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Conducts tests of construction materials, prepares sketches and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Civil Engineering Assistant
Civil Laboratory Technician
Geotechnical Laboratory Technician
One of the following
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)
- A diploma at NZQF Level 6, or a higher qualification, with the minimum equivalent of 240 credits, which includes the knowledge requirements of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Civil) (Level 6)
- A Washington Accord or Sydney Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) engineering degree in Civil Engineering
- A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from Engineering New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer status
in New Zealand
- NZ registration in the field of Civil Engineering as a Chartered Professional Engineer or as an Engineering Technologist by Engineering New Zealand
a minimum of three years’ work experience including a minimum of 12 months' relevant post-qualification work experience in the past 18 months