UNIT GROUP 3123 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Occupations:312311 Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
312312 Electrical Engineering Technician
312311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSON
Prepares detailed drawings and plans of electrical installations and circuitry in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Electrical Engineering Design Draftsperson
Electrical Engineering Detail Draftsperson
Electrical Engineering Drafting Officer
Substation Design Draftsperson
312312 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Alternative Title: Electrical Engineering Technical Officer
Conducts tests of electrical systems, prepares charts and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Electrical Engineering Laboratory Technician
Electrical Instrument Technician
One of the following
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (NZQF Level 8)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)
- A Washington Accord or Sydney Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) engineering degree in Electrical Engineering
- A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from Engineering New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer
professional status in New Zealand
- NZ registration in the field of Electrical Engineering as a Chartered Professional Engineer or as an Engineering Technologist by Engineering New Zealand
a minimum of three years’ relevant post-qualification work experience